December 30, 2010

3 Most Intriguing Men of 2010

In lou of the end of the year, I bring you the three most intriguing men of 2010.

3-Joseph Gordon Levitt
He's been around since 3rd Rock From the Sun, as the awkward, long haired pre-teen. However, this year, he was cast in  Inception.  He's been a variety of sensitive teen-dramas, but this solidified his acting talents and versatility. I saw Inception  my second day in Austin at the Alamo Drafthouse. I was  just coming off my 4 day seeing-America-Kerouac romp, and while the movie was damn good, the end resonated deeply within me (partly because I was still in shell shock of new-everything- and I felt like I was constantly dreaming).


2-Sufjan Stevens
There's a long-winded man on the public radio I listen to who is obsessed  with Sufjan. He spent at least, ten minutes discussing the possible ways to pronounce his new album,  "The Age of Adz." one Wednesday morning as I was driving to work. He constantly praises Sufjan for his talents. And, justifiably, the album is  really fucking good. Sufjan might just be one of the best looking, artistically talented men around. And "The Age of Adz" is one of my top albums this year. Not to mention, he writes beautifully, both lyrically and in his creative prose.



1-James Franco
Acting out Alan Ginsberg is tough.   I thought Franco really captured the beat-counter culture that paved the road for the  modern-rebellion that followed a decade later. Franco read Ginsberg's poetry with the same fire and slightly awkward rhythm that came to define Ginsberg's style. Franco looks good in anything, (even with a curly perm in "Milk") but there was a certain natural air to Franco's take on Ginsberg, and the style of the time period. Which, coincidentally, is my favorite aesthetic dress for men. Regardless, Franco took on the role of Ginsberg and his poetry,  incredibly well.





No comments: