December 20, 2009

Fuck. You. American. Apparel./Much Love Yo La Tengo.

Post Preface: I realize my blogs have been scattered, subjective and kind of awful as of late. I don't want to be one of those bloggers (if I continue to blog) that writes about shit that no one cares about or that little or no one cares about (blog to come about blogging soon) so I'm working on it. But in the meantime on with the scattered!!
----

I've never bought anything from American Apparel. After speaking to a friend of mine and then reading up on their ethical practices, I am completed disgusted by them. Completely.

http://clamormagazine.org/issues/38/aa/straub.php


1-Ok, honestly, I've never bought anything except sexy objectifying underwear for a male, which I was totally ok with at the time. However now I realize the apparent flaws and hypocrisy in doing so-- 18 and ignorant.


Sidenote I could go on an incredibly verbose, pretentious rant. But, I won't. It's the holidays and the last thing I want to think about is sexism. So TO END

YO LA TENGO is fucking fantastic. They were so self aware of their place within 90's indie.

No comments: