September 23, 2009

pine trees




I climbed part of a canyon. I just saw it and made it a goal to climb it.

I got up early enough to watch the sun rise over the hills that were full of empty spaces with sparse pine trees. I never realize how much I truly miss the idea of empty space until I am surrounded by it.

We couldn't find a trail so three of us climbed up a 45 degree incline for an hour to get to the top. It was awesome, A) because it was completely silent, and B)I realized that if you make a goal to do something, you just have to do it. Climbing that high at that steep of angle with no path was really, really intense at 7am but totally worth it.


Since my posts have been kinda verbose and culturally intense, here are some beautiful pictures. Hiking this was infinetly better than the usual cup of coffee.

and the other side of the ridge/canyon

No comments: