October 2, 2009

WILD THANGGGS & Other books & a CD.



I know I've said this before, but I will say it again, I am so incredibly excited for the movie "Where the Wild Things Are" It touches on something intricately woven into my own childhood nostalgia.

It looks so well done, besides the tender place it holds in my heart.



So this got me thinking about other books my parents used to read to me when I was little. The one that stuck out in my mind was 'The Talking Eggs' a story derived from a Louisiana Creole Folktale. It's all about finding beauty in ugliness and reaching your potential despite external circumstances. Amazing.

Then, there was 'The Giver' the book solely responsible for showing me the beauty of words and literature.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giver
I won't rant on about this book, I just know that it was incredibly important to me.


-----
Heartless Bastards.
The first album I have listened to that is considered 'indie' while touching on the beauty of imperfection and rawness. It is also wonderful to paint to or have it as background music. Plus the lead singer, Erika Wennerstrom has a really unique deep, rough voice that I love. Her lyrics are something that I can identify with. The song "Hold Your Head High" was pretty much the reason I survived the summer.
So, I'm not going to review it because that's just not my style, but I would highly suggest just giving it a listen, just once. I think its good, very good.



No comments: