June 2, 2010

Roman Rule!

Forgive me if this seems overly simplified, I've only had 3 hours sleep yesterday and 7 hours in the last 4 days.


Aristotle believed that everything was in a constant state of change towards perfection.

Well, he was a bit more complicated than that, but I am sleepy and my

ideas seem to be in a cozy shroud--a binary form of simplicity.


His ideas where mostly dealing with nature and biological change,

but still, it's a comforting to think that the change we see and do,

and even the change we don't, is moving towards an ideal in the form of perfection.

Perfection was the highest ideal--since everything was always changing and evolving,

it was doing so to be better, to be more perfect. I really like this idea,

even if it is not entirely plausible. (Because it isn't) Perfect will never exist,

it will never mold and take shape in the material realm, ideas can be

perfect, but the world, our reality will never. (Whoa, very Platonic.)


His ideas where mostly dealing with nature and biological change,

but still, it's a comforting thought to think that the change we see, is moving

towards an ideal towards perfection. Life is changing, and that

change is, well, that change is good. (Even if it doesn't feel like it)


I like this idea because my life has taken a complete 180 degree flip

in the last few weeks. Just keeping me on my toes...

I mean, I've finally found time to paint and do the things that truly

make me happy again but I'm also

a)quitting my job now, training my replacement

b)Moving out of my podunk apt. to downtown for a month

c)Then moving back to Spokane for 2 weeks, then moving again.

c)Seeing my brother graduate High School

d)Finding the singular self again

e)Traveling all over the Pacific Northwest...

and to top it all off,

f)Moving 2,400 miles away from the place that I called my home,

but is no longer my home. This includes, finding a new apartment,

a new job, new friends, new surroundings and the ability to start anew,

while maintaining a sense of who I am in somewhere that is foreign. At the

end of the day, all I am going to have is myself. Just think of all that change!




Change is happens fast. Way too fast, But, hey, change seems like it is for the better,

for perfection, for some ideal that will never be attainable,

but is something that we, or maybe just I, will always strive for.


Best to be strived for with a gin & tonic and some vinyl with a sunset and

good company.

Simplicity. Pure and simple.


As I read through this, I am not even sure it makes a cohesive point. But, hell, in a society

based off of points not having points, being their purpose, this seems fitting. Just put

on a good record.



No comments: