April 22, 2009

Ok, I have a preface, a confession, a too-lengthy-verbose, comma heavy, preface:

I'm nervous about blogging. I'm well aware the fact that people, anyone can read this makes me a little... nervous. I mean, I write all the fucking time, but there's something different about blogging. It's impersonal. But, at the same time people write really intense personal shit on it. Shit that could be illegal, shit that could hurt someone's feelings, shit that could change the view of him/her. I don't understand blogging.
I don't know why I do it. It's weird to me when people tell me they actually read my blog. It's weird to me I don't have a pen in my hand and paper sitting out on my table. But, I'm going to write this anyway because rolling around and flirting with hypocrisy makes me complete.

Fleetfoxes and some beautiful Mary Jane that was smoked out of an apple happened.
After, I went for another interview.
Fuck.
And I have no idea how the fuck I will ever be able to hold a job that doesn't have some greater, altruistic purpose. Halfway through the interview I realized I didn't want to work there. What did I do? Subtly turn the conversation and steered it towards her. I learned about her divorce, her old job, why she owes the business, her education, etc. etc.
I walked away in my khaki pants and button-up biznazz shirt and clicky shoes and bought cheap bath towels. I then decided to go on an adventure and found the Salvation Army. I paroozed around there for a while until I stumbled on boxes of old photographs. Someone had dropped off some beautiful 35mm/120 prints on various sizes. And then I felt like I was looking into someone's life. They're were beautiful black and white photos. Very Bresson-esque in their candid nature. I looked at them for 45 minutes and I feel very invasive and odd about it. Even though, I really did nothing 'wrong.'

I also found an apartment guide for Seattle, finished contacting my references and will now end this ego, individualist blog with this:





Oh, yeah, cynicism.



is it weird that eddie murphy reminds me of my grandfather??

No comments: