January 1, 2010

Here comes the sun!

Honestly, normally I don't have a lot of optimism when it comes to New Years and the idea of change. I view time as a continuum, but, for some reason, I guess with the start of a New Decade (2010's yo!) a flight leaving early in the morning of a new year, a change of pace and life, the optimism is seeping out of my pores, its dripping onto the floor and it's the beautiful hue of honey. (no, it. is.not.sweat)

And, for the first time, ever, I realize that I can remember an entire decade! So the 2000's, Y2K graduation from both high school and college behind me, a slew of broken hearts, movement, saying goodbye to young adolescence and cheering on my mid-20's with high expectations. MY MID TWENTIES! JIGGA WHA?! I have high optimism for the 2010's. I hope you do too. Really! It's a new decade. Change is bea-tee-ful! Cheers!

This is probably the most personal blog I will ever write, but goddamn, glasses clanking alongside the rhythm of time progression and the close of the 2000's & in turn, 2009 and welcome hopeful and unknown idea a new decade. Here's the Beatles! Here's to optimism! Go drink some Gin and dance!!

No comments: