November 16, 2009

Fragments.


Preface: A Dialogue I recently had. Also, I think the prefaces I am writing are kind of pretentious.
Sorry. I will stop doing them, because they are kind of pretentious.


-
"I don't know why we stay in one place"

"Comfort.Predictability, the idea of being safe. It's easy to be stationary"

"Oh my god. The walls are soft!"

"what?!"

"You know, safety is overrated and comfort is an allusion"

--

Ok, so picture a bar dimly light with blue hues.
Picture 5 girls sitting in the said bar drinking beer.

Picture Jimmy Hendrix playing above. Picture soft walls that are gold with velvet texture. The walls are literally faux velvet, so are all of the pictures in the bar.

The more beer you drink the more you realize that a) safety really is overrated and comfort is an allusion b) Jimmy Hendrix is really fucking good c) You can't stop feeling the walls and people probably think you dropped some E.


---
Fast forward 18 hours, picture yourself in a 'gun library' (w.t.f.) the demographic is mostly all white-- the middle aged men roam around upstairs with the camo gear, hunting supplies, camping essentials, a wide array of bullets. Suddenly you (or I) realize that a) guns kill things and that is a weird moral dilemma b)I am the only unmarried female between the ages of 20-35 in the entire store c)There are dead stuffed animals everywhere and suddenly, you have a strong urge to go to a zoo and take pictures of everything you see.

So while wandering around Cabela's in Lacey, WA, I decided that I don't like hunting (killing things for the sake of killing things as a game is a weird concept) and that I am also going to the zoo, am going to take pictures of things I see and I will never, really understand people.

Speaking of photography and things people see-






1 comment:

Toaster Strudel said...

Velvet walls AND velvet pictures?! I hope they were those black and white ones you get when you're a little kid that you have to color in yourself. How cool would that be in a bar?