May 13, 2009

Simplicity

This is going to sound horrible. It is going to make me sound bourgeoisie.It is going to make me sound subtly snobby. It is going to make me sound like I have a lot of shit. These things are all true. But, its almost 3 am and as I'm lying in bed I realized that I used to live like this:


There's nothing more than a mattress, a desk and my records. What happened? My room is cluttered right now with stuff. i hate having a lot of stuff. ive always hated having a lot of stuff. Simplicity is easier, less complicated and less cluster-fucked.

Consumerism, Modern Capitalism you are a brutal, unmerciful killer and collector of stuff.
Or at least, you're going to be my fitting scapegoat.


posttext- If Ira Glass and Neil Young somehow were one man, that man would be my soulmate
.

No comments: