July 1, 2009

inordinate amount of trailers.

3.7 movies, I'm excited about

1)Away We Go, even though it looks mushy and emotional and might make me want to cry (ok, sometimes, it happens!) it's co-written by Dave Eggers and directed by Sam Mendes, this almost guarantees it to be *amazing*

2)500 Days of Summer. Partly because the female lead is someone who is characterized as a cynic, but also because I've had a teen-crush on Joseph Gordon-Levitt since I saw "10 things I hate about you" and he wears incredibly attractive clothing. I would pay 8.00 to see him run around in suits and vests with ties and sidebags. The movie looks decent also. Sad, but decent.



3) The pinnacle, it's not even out until Oct but it is worth mentioning in this list. the preview looks incredible, arcade fire as part of the score, written by spike jonze & dave eggers and directed by jonze, it looks fucking fantastic. I will be greatly, greatly, disappointed if this does not do justice to Maurice Sendak's childrens book, because I grew up reading it.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NOkQ4dYVaM



3.7) I think i only like this movie because it reminds me of walt whitman's poem 'when i heard the learn'd astronomer'
http://quotations.about.com/cs/poemlyrics/a/When_I_Heard_Th.htm



Postnote: While looking up trailers, i found a preview for this really shitty looking movie, postgrad. It looks.... really really terrible, BUT, Rodrigo Santoro is in it as a sexy neighbor. Oh god. I want that sexy of a neighbor. Blah, blah, skip most until about 1:20 into it and stop it before it goes to 2 min.

No comments: