February 22, 2009

Milk!


Recently I compiled a list of things that I miss, it includes the following:

-Milk- There is nothing more satisfying to me early in the morning than stumbling noisily down the stairs and pouring myself a huge glass of milk to start out the day. Dude. I seriously fucking miss milk.


-Sun, sparsely populated trees and clean lakes- I think it's awesome that there is such an intense covering of foliage over here but I miss dry pine needles, dirt, dust and sparsely populated pine tree hiking trails. Clean lakes. Yeah, the kind of lake you can swim in and they're aqua blue, the kind that are lake-weed free and so smooth they look like glass. They reflect the inverted image of its surroundings like a polished mirror. Oh man, thats something I really miss.













Sunsets that look like this:
And most importantly, finding time to do nothing. Absolutely nothing. Or time spent doing things that are done for pleasure, like, hell, I don't know, exploring. Exploring the time of a moment, so you'd sort of live so much in the now you'd forget the relation of the moment to the greater temporal whole. Momentary pleasure in its beautiful fleeting, temporary security. Dude, I miss that concept of time.






This list was inspired by the massive amounts of Swedish pop I've been listening to lately to contrast the heavy nature of uncertainty all the literary criticism I've been reading has tried to theorize. It's basically told me nothing exists in permanence and life's one big paradoxial, juxtaposing, contrasting contradiction. Thanks Stein! Thanks Derrida! You're my one of favz
Post text: It seems everyone Swedish and their mom is part of a band. Which is cool I guess.