February 18, 2009

Kathleen Hanna is not a beach.

Goddamn. If I can be half as much of a badass as Kathleen Hanna, well, I don't know what I'd do. She's just so fucking awesome. She sings rad music, is an advocate for gender equality, does cool side projects (julie ruin?) and was part of Le Tigre and Bikini Kill. Hotdamn.








School is way too crazy. If this was not my last rigorous quarter, I'd throw in the towel and retreat to my respective corner... But, AHHHH! soon I'll be in Florida. I'll come back, refreshed, tan and full of sun to start my last quarter of college. There's something sooooo satisfying in completing part of my education. I've spent my entire life to get to this point,18+ years of hard work, good grades, late nights, countless papers, brain expansion. Oh man. But, while I'm not quite there yet, I dream of bea-aaauuu-ti-fuuul white sandy beaches and an awesome friend to spend time with. I can come back and enjoy the last few months I'll have in Bellingham with the people who make a home here. Transitory times are always unstable and unpredictable. But, that's why I love them. Predictability and redundancy? Totally. Utterly. Boring.

This is SO beautiful. Four more weeks and I'll be here:


Oh and today I decided there is no one I would want to dance with more than early 8o's Bruce Springsteen. The video for "Dancing in the Dark"--Enough said.

No comments: