June 21, 2011

Catch that phrase! Gramma-ah freaa-kay.

 The following conversation aptly describes my new found unemployment. Luckily, I have friends who speak the same text speak and are currently without a  j-o-b. Now, I have a new found appreciation for text communication and lack-of-grammar. Remind me to thank Texas for that one.

Here is a conversation that ensued between him and I, bringing on my new favorite phrase of the summer,  "finding them sexies"

-
"Yo yo- what you doin tonight?"

"Beasting through my book. I know, I know-  I'm a regular par-tay animal."

"Ok well, we hangin later this week"


"chey-ah. Can we have  have foodstamp potlucks? And then dance it off?"

"Yeah, I'd be down. To eat. And dance." 


"Legit! You, sir, have a deal."

"And, you know, finding them sexies."


"I'd be down for finding myself one of them sexies...haha"

"Deal. Food. Dance. Finding them sexies."

Aside from the horrible grammar and spelling phonetics, I couldn't help but laugh and secretly hope this phrase catches on.

Sidenote: The last time I went dancing at this place they played footage of the KKK while playing soul music. Sober, and stunned, I had my first cigarette in a year, and discussed weaves and the proper jargon for San Antonio, which, apparently,  is Say-town, or San Antone. Weaves, are another story.

No comments: