February 3, 2011

18?

Or Fuck You Cold Front.

Something is not right when Texas reaches 18 degrees.


 My apartment does not have insulation that is made for this type of cold weather. I can feel the draft come in from my windows. It reminds me of college when I was so poor we could not afford heat.  I woke up  in a 45 degree room and put on wet jeans. I dreaded getting out of the shower. I dreaded getting in the shower. I dreaded going outside.  It makes me want to spoon for the first time in months. I have thus decided I am not ready to move where there is no sun and where it is cold.  I forgot how unhappy I am.

Other notable hilarities: The gas stations are all closed and won't pump gas. There is no one outside and school has been cancelled. (There is no snow, here, only cold!) I have received emails about how to dress in cold weather. I've deduced that Texans are really bunch of pansies.

That aside, these are two wonderful things that made my week thus far:

My student drew this for me! Methodist cat! 
Grocery shopping today around 11pm (I like the store when its not crowded)
 I saw Texas Style Colby-Jack cheese on sale!
What a find!



No comments: