April 29, 2010

Flaming.Lips. Good Days

As I am trying to figure out the logistics of my next year, I've spent a lot of time thinking about good days, the way in which we re-create our past into a sense of beautiful Nostalgia. In our memories, the past becomes something more untrue, something we create, weave together and look back on fondly.

You know, those days when you just fall asleep and realize you've had a really fucking good day? Or you wake up the next day, feet sticking outside of your car, hungover as fuck and realize you saw the Flaming Lips live? You realize you danced and drank so much the night was a wonderful, memorable happy blurrrrr. Yes. Nostalgia.

I had one of these in New York. I spent the early morning eating breakfast in Central Park, I went to the MET and saw breathtaking art, then had coffee with someone who works for the U.N. and then saw an Off Broadway Play, "The Pentagon Papers." I drank sips of Australian boxed juice wine through Little Italy and got lost on the subway.

What I am getting at here, in a strictly subjective manner, is that sometimes, life is really fucking good. Good days happen far and few in between the daily necessities of work and life. A good day, sometimes doesn't happen as much as it should. And that in itself, is a tragedy.

It took a picture I found of Sasquatch '06 for me to realize this. It goes back to two paragraphs up.
Dude. I was pretty close. Yes, I just typed, "Dude." Verbosity is dead.

So in loud of the current tone of this post- it's Spring and I am going to go home early and share an awesome song-
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/wm-A10302B0000122694Y/the_flaming_lips_bad_days_official_music_video/
The Flaming Lips - Bad Days (Official Music Video) - Watch more top selected videos about: The_Flaming_Lips

No comments: