August 6, 2009

And then there's the list.

A) In times of deep stress people make lists.
B) only to give the facade that things are actually organized.
C) They are not. Or maybe they are.
  1. http://www.imho.com/grae/chaos/chaos.html
D)I own more boxes of books than I do clothes. I'm selfish with them. I have at least two full bookshelves of beautiful books and I went through them and can't give them away.
  1. realization: My house someday is going to have so many books, it will resemble a small library. The person I share it with will have to be ok with this.

E) I have all this stuff that I don't need. I've been reading Cornel West and his critiques on the free-market capitalistic consumerism/materialism has made me really think about what we need. I don't know why, as Americans, we continually equate progress and happiness with the collection of stuff. Excessive stuff. Materialism. However, at the same time, in a capitalistic system, consumerism is entirely necessary for the well-being of society.


F) That said, this summer I've found I love where I live.


G)Fragmented Story:
I was at work. On the boat. It's after dinner when things are settling down and I ususally stare out the window and look at all the beautiful islands. Tonight, however, I sit on the stairs to call my friend to see if he wants to partake in listening to whales on vinyl. I'm in the middle of the phone ringing. I look up and see blood everywhere, dripping from a ten year olds pinky finger. I see his flesh completely removed and I see his bone. His pinky bone. Abruptly, I hang up the phone. I frantically run up to the wheel house to try and figure out what the fuck I am suppossed to do. It's digusting. I realize there is a reason we have skin, vainly stated, our insides are not appealing; they are red, complex and incredibly vunerable. i want to vomit. My co-worker and I grab the first aid kit and we proceed to wrap the open wound. I bleach the counter, the bathroom, the metal spring loaded door he slammed it in & the chair he sat in. I think I might be freaked out by blood.

H) The month of August is going to be one crazy month.

I) The GRE's. The devil.

No comments: