February 12, 2009

A-La-Musica


Today I purchased my ticket for the Ra Ra Riot/Death Cab Show here in April. The last time I saw Death Cab they opened for mothafucking Neil Young. That show was, hands down, one of the best damn shows I've ever been to. You know that feeling when the hairs on the end of your arms stand up? Yeah. It was that good. Death Cab/Ra Ra Riot is not until April, but I know that this show, while it will be more intimate,and definitely, definitely more hip, will never measure up to Neil. Because I love him.


Here he is performing "Cinnamon Girl" in Everett. One word for that show: ineffable.




Tangent: I know Neil is older (born in '45) but hot damn, I am so in love with this man. He encompasses everything I desire. He's sensitive, creative, an idealist, really altruistic, totally liberal ... if only I was born a few generations earlier.

Anyway I was listening to Ra Ra Riot "Dying is Fine"
today and I realized that some of the lines in the chorus were part of an e.e. cummings poem:


dying is fine)but Death

?o
baby
i

wouldn't like

Death if DBoldeath
were
good:for

Ra Ra Riot is seeps hipness. they're from N.Y. they opened for Bow Wow (a strict ironic parody, I can only assume) And it turns out they use proto-modernist poet cummings as a basis for their songs. If that isn't hip, well, someone with tight pants, an ironic t-shirt & a mustache better fucking tell me what is.


---
also, oh.my.god. PLEASE read this (do not let the fact its from vice magazine deter you...that much)
http://www.viceland.com/music/2009/02/relaunching-morrissey/

No comments: